173 Strickland Crescent
Deakin ACT 2600
Telephone 02 6281 8100
Calvary John James HospitalLCMHC Home
Health Information Services
Our aim is to provide an environment of excellence in the field of Medical Records
- The Health Information Services (Medical Records Department) maintains and retrieves medical records, clinical codes and administers patient information.
Philosophy and Objectives:
- To ensure that an adequate medical record is maintained with confidentiality, accuracy and readily available.
Patient Confidentiality and Privacy:
- We are committed to conducting our health care services compliant with all relevant laws and regulations and in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
- We comply with the Commonwealth Privacy Act and all other state/territory legislative requirements in relation to the management of personal information.
About Health Records:
- Health records are confidential documents and remain the property of Calvary John James Hospital.
- Information from the health records is not released to consumers or third parties without written permission and signed authorisation from the patient.
Accessing your Medical Record:
- Under the Health Records Act 1997 (Privacy and Access), you have a right to access your health record and request for an amendment should you believe that it contains inaccurate information.
- Should you wish to access your health record, ask for our Medico-legal officer who can give you more detailed information about how to access your records or you can download and complete the patient_access_form.pdf. Return your completed form to:Fax (02) 6281 8771 or post to Medical Records Department, Calvary John James Hospital, PO Box 131, Deakin West ACT 2600
Requests to access health records are assessed under the ACT Health Records (Privacy and Access) Act 1997 and fees apply. See below for more information on recent changes to the Health Records (Privacy and Access) Act 1997 which came into force on 01 October 2010.
For general enquiries please call: 6281 8122